Saturday 21 November 2009

Pool Party...

On Saturday we breakfasted at the villa, at the same time feeding our local terrapin, who we have named Charlie (no particular reason so please don't ask).

Charlie the terrapin


At about 10am we drove down to Coconut Point shopping mall to find some more bargains. Lucy purchased a Hollister shirt, and I bought a Hollister hooded top and a Tommy Bahama shirt. I would have bought a protective cover for my iPhone from the Apple Store, but given that the plentiful staff around the store failed to even acknowledge my existence whilst stood at the counter for several minutes, I walked away empty-handed out of principal.

For lunch we dined at the Asian Chao, an Oriental Restaurant that served mainly Thai cuisine. Lucy & I both ate a shrimp starter, followed by Pad Thai and Bangkok Noodles respectively. Both meals were excellent, but like the Apple Store, the service could have been a whole lot better ... we ensured our tip reflected the service.

SuperTarget was visited next, buying a bikini for Lucy, and a cheap ($25) underwater digital camera in preparation for our trip to Crystal River tomorrow. From Target we drove home, making a quick stop to pack a couple of things before dad drove the four of us round to Eunice & Co. for an evening of pool frivolities, barbeque and poker. Only four of us played poker - Eunice, Lou, Lucy & I ... my game plan of allowing the three ladies to consume copious amounts of alcohol paid off as I won all the chips, and more importantly all the dosh.

No comment


Steven takes charge of the barbeque


A successful evening


Dad drove us home prior to midnight and we headed to bed not long after our arrival, ready for a big day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment