Friday 20 November 2009

Tuesday 17th...

Apologies to all following the blog ... lack of internet, for one reason or another, has left me unable to post over the last three days. I'll attempt to bring you all up to speed here ... there's plenty to talk about!

Tuesday morning Lucy & I made a trip over to the Clerk of the Courts in Fort Myers (rather than Cape Coral or Matlacha) to finally purchase our wedding license. The process took approximately 30 minutes and was pain-free (apart from the $94 fee), made all the less stressful by our very lovely Deputy Clerk of the Court - Cynthia.

With the license purchased, I drove Lucy over to her mum and dad's and left them to take her for a hair trial in Fort Myers. The rest of my morning was spent with Steven playing golf at the Royal Tee Golf Club in Cape Coral. I won the battle of the siblings by some margin, the highlight being a chip-in at the 6th hole for birdie. The course itself was unlike any I have played back home (not that I have played all that many), and the wildlife was spectacular.

In the evening Lucy & I met up with Mum Fish, Mary, Steven, Katie & Nicole at Naples - Fort Myers Greyhound Track. I had a single token bet on the dogs before leaving the rest of the party to it, and went to play some no-limit poker upstairs in the card room. The session didn't start as well as I'd hoped, down $100 within 10 hands of play. I spent the next 2 hours or so grinding back my initial buy-in before leaving for the night $39 in profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment